Monday, July 19, 2010

....Eco-X Selangor Series 2010


4th July 2010
Location: Empangan Batu, Selangor State Park & Batu Caves
Organizer: Nomad Adventures Sdn.Bhd.
Picture taken by: Wari, Sa.

This was my latest adventure race since a year half of silence mode without any adventure race event. For previous races, my partner also my wife made a thousands of $$$ as we are one of the toughest mixed partner in Malaysia(perasan sendiri) for almost 10 games in 5 years period. Some of the money ofcos we spend for "belanja kahwin(amik berkat)" and save it in asb.. Since my wife deliver my childrens, I'm still searching for a "ngam" partner.
For this game we(I and Amri) had a great moment throughout the race event, seen some familiar faces, celebrity, national athletes, even colleagues as race marshal(nik & bapak), and our marvellous unpaid support crew work like crazy in storm and rain. For us, the race course quite tough and rough(although there is few thougher race i ever suffered before) because the course were blend with all types of terrain; offroad bike crossing river; off/on road bike on high elevation hills make your heart pumping blood as charcoal engine train; running on slippery muddy trail in a rain, most of the time i need to crawl cos no more traction on my shoe; 30m free abseil in a dark cave sometimes stepped on unbalanced curvy wall slammed my body onto it; my partner did 90m vertical abseil with a great 30knot wind in heavy rain;
Despite all of this, we really enjoy the rest of the discipline; as we paddling the inflatable kayak for only 3km, rock climbing(some kind of celah gigi aje), cycle downhill through long bumpy trail with full speed until tears cameout from eye, bypass some competetive racer, even Amri waving his hand just like pretty stewardess as we pass by our senior team(mie&bill) on the bike section due to puncture.
Although senior "lebih banyak makan garam" so they still finish infront of us. We also had a great chance snap a foto together with an ex F1 driver Alex Yoong and his partner an espn comentator, Sanjay as they was a great competitor in the race. One of unforgetable moment was on stage with the hi-profile athlete; a well known adventure racer asia champion from sweden team Mild Seven and also Malaysia Ironman Athlete partner, Shahrom and Wong Ah Tiam.Out of 38 team including from Singapore, Sweden, Britain, South Africa, Netherlands, France, Thailand, etc. we managed to finished on 5th place. The result is quite unbelievable and its a good start for the upcoming future race.



























p/s: This glory moment is dedicated to my newly born son Fawwaz Syahmi Mohd Uzaini and my lovely wife Norhidayu Haris for support and encourage me and being so understanding of my lifestyle. Love ya.

1 comment: